Living well is at the heart of everything we do. But it goes beyond healthy, delicious cuisine (at two distinct dining venues) and specially designed fitness classes (like yoga, water aerobics, and strength and balance training). It’s also in the life-enriching opportunities Valle Verde presents and the meaningful relationships you can form here.
We’ve designed our engaging programs to focus on all aspects of wellness – physical, spiritual, emotional, social and intellectual – to help our residents feel better and potentially live longer.
Valle Verde is great for those who love participating in group activities as well as those who like to move at their own pace. There’s only one requirement: Do what makes you feel great.
We care about the world around us. In 2005, Valle Verde – working with local nonprofit executives – launched a campus-wide initiative to reduce the community’s dependence on electricity, decrease waste and improve the environment. These efforts include:
- Solar electric panels on covered walkways
- Solar water heaters, high-efficiency boilers and low-flow toilets and showerheads
- The purchase of up to 85% of produce from local farms
- Native and drought-tolerant landscaping
- Green waste composting
- Climate-controlled irrigation
- Use of reclaimed water for landscaping
- Extensive recycling
- Alternative transportation programs for staff and residents
It’s paying off. Utility cost savings have been significant, and Valle Verde has seen a reduction in energy and water consumption, reduced waste, and lower operating costs – not to mention the intangible rewards of contributing to a cleaner environment.
Valle Verde is full of caring, conscientious individuals. This is just another reason why living here feels so good.